Terms and Conditions
Approximate prize value for each ticket can be up to $2,000, depending on the travel dates and winner’s departure and destination airports. Tickets must be redeemed by May 15, 2019 and travel must occur on weekdays (Monday through Thursday). Tickets must be issued at least 30 days in advance of the planned departure date. Tickets must be issued in the winner’s name. Tickets are not transferrable, changeable or refundable. Seats are capacity controlled and may not be available on all flights and days. Specifically, the Economy Class prize tickets must be booked in W or Y booking codes. The minimum stay at destination is 7 days. The maximum stay at destination is 2 months. Specific blackout dates are as follows: 15 MAY – 15 AUG; 10 DEC – 15 JAN. Tickets are valid on Qatar Airways operated flights only. If Qatar Airways stops operating to a certain destination and/or if Qatar Airways stops operating from a certain USA gateway before the ticket has been issued, the winner must change the itinerary accordingly. If Qatar Airways stops operating to a certain destination and/or if Qatar Airways stops operating from a certain USA gateway after a ticket has been issued, an alternative on Qatar Airways will be offered, if possible. Winner is responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents, passports, visas, medical documents, and for meeting all health and insurance requirements. Frequent Flyer Mileage accrual is not permitted. Others terms and conditions may apply. Also subject to these Official Rules.
• This challenge is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
• Internet entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
• Qatar Airways reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Challenge or the Qatar Airways website; violates the Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, QATAR AIRWAYS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Qatar Airways and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Challenge which may limit the ability to participate or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Challenge. Qatar Airways reserves the right to modify or cancel the Challenge if it becomes technically corrupted. In such event, Qatar Airways would award prizes by random drawing from eligible entries received prior to cancellation.
• Each potential winner will be required to sign and return via overnight UPS and/or email, the Affidavit of Eligibility (“Affidavit”) and the Liability Release and, except where prohibited, Publicity Release (“Release”) forms provided by Qatar Airways, within fourteen (14) days of receipt in order to receive a prize. If a potential winner fails to return the Affidavit and the Release within fourteen (14) days or if a winner is deemed to be ineligible, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from among all eligible entries timely received, if time permits. If a potential winner is not reachable at the e-mail or mail address provided to Qatar Airways and a forwarding address is not provided or if a Notification is returned as undeliverable, then the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.
• The Prize is provided “as is” and without any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied in fact or in law, and any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. No cash redemption or prize substitutions are allowed. Qatar Airways reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value in the discretion of Qatar Airways. Qatar Airways shall have no responsibility or obligation to a winner who is ineligible for a prize, or is unable to or who does not accept or utilize a prize, for any reason. The winner is responsible for any and all taxes, fees, security and passenger facility charges applicable to the prize, which may not be issued without payment for taxes & fees.
• All travel arrangements must be booked through Qatar Airways in compliance with instructions given to the winners. Winners are responsible for the cost of visa(s), passport(s), and transportation to and from the specified departure airport, and/or lodging expenses, meals, and other travel expenses unless stated otherwise. Prizes are non-extendable, non-transferable and non-cashable.
• PUBLICITY RELEASE: Subject to applicable law, each winner irrevocably grants Qatar Airways the right to use the winner’s name, voice, photograph and/or biographical data for advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes, worldwide in perpetuity, in all forms of media, including Social media, and the Qatar Airways’ website, without any obligation or consideration except for the awarding of the prize to the winner.
• RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By entering the Challenge, each entrant agrees that Qatar Airways, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and media including social media (“Challenge Entities”), and their respective shareholders, members, directors, officers, employees, and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for and are released and held harmless from any injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, personal injury, or property damage, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use, non-use or misuse of a prize or participation in this Challenge or participation in any Challenge or prize-related activity. Winner assumes all liability for participation in all aspects of the prize.