Arizona Office of Tourism and Passion Passport’s “#PPImagineAZ” Instagram Challenge
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Arizona Office of Tourism and Passion Passport’s “#PPImagineAZ” Instagram Challenge (the “Challenge”) is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram (“Instagram”). You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor (defined below) and not to Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for the administration of this Challenge. Instagram is hereby completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Challenge. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Challenge must be directed to the Sponsor and not to Instagram. You may only use one (1) Instagram account (“Instagram Account”) to participate in this Challenge.
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes open to individuals legally residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry. Employees of the Arizona Office of Tourism (“Sponsor”), Passion Passport, their subsidiaries, affiliates, agencies, and members of such employees’ and agents’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
2. Sponsor/Administrator: The Challenge is sponsored by Arizona Office of Tourism, 100 N. 7th Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85007 (“Sponsor”). The Administrator of Challenge is Passion Passport, LLC (“Administrator”) 335 Warren Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Challenge Period: The Challenge begins at 7:00 [PM] Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 27, 2021 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on October 18, 2021 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Challenge.
5. How to Enter: Post a photo/video on Instagram of a visit to your favorite road trip adventure and tag #ImagineAZ and @passionpassport in your caption. Include a brief write-up (2-5 sentences) in your caption telling us how your entry relates to the theme and why it’s personally significant to you. You may enter as many times as you wish, but each entry must be a unique photo. Entries must be posted or reposted from a public account during the entry period. You cannot simply “tag” an older photo/video. Those posted from private accounts and/or posted outside of the entry period will not be considered eligible. Please see the Submission Requirements for the photos below for additional details. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Instagram account. Your photo must be published to your own Instagram account during the duration of the campaign. Entries will not be acknowledged.
6. Submission Requirements: BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE THAT THE POST (AND EACH INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT THEREOF – INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE PHOTO/VIDEO) COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES. THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL BEAR NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR ENTRY OR ANY COMPONENT THEREOF – INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE PHOTO/VIDEO. THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE RULES AND/OR THE INSTAGRAM RULES
By participating in the Challenge, each entrant hereby warrants and represents that any Post he/she submits:
1. is original to him/her;
2. does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
3. the account will need to be made public to see the specific hashtag;
4. will not give rise to any claims whatsoever, including, without limitation, claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or rights of publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party; and
5. is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups (including, without limitation, any competitors of Sponsor); personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Sponsor); conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules; and/or any other comment that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, at any time and for any reason to screen any Post(s). Any Post that the Sponsor deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules is subject to disqualification. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion at any time and for any reason, to request an entrant to modify, edit and/or re-submit his or her Post in order to ensure that the Post complies with these Rules, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point during or after the Challenge, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take whatever action it deems necessary based on the circumstances – including, without limitation, disqualifying the Post (and therefore the corresponding Entry and/or the associated entrant).
7. Sponsor’s Rights: By participating, you: (a) irrevocably grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns the unconditional and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to publish, post, and display, your Post, including the photo/video on its website, social media feeds and blog(s) without approval from you or any other party; (b) forever waive any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude Sponsor’s use of your Post, photo, and/or video as outlined above, or require any further permission for Sponsor to use the Post, photo, and/or video; (c) agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Sponsor on the grounds that any use of the Post, including the photo/video, or any derivative works, infringes any of your rights as creator of the Post, photo, and/or video including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights; and (d) except where prohibited, consent to Sponsor’s use of your name, likeness, social media handle, photograph, voice, and/or opinions for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
8. Selection of Winner: A panel of three (3) judges composed of Creative Professionals/Travel Industry Experts will evaluate each entry based on the following criteria:
a. Photo quality 15 points
b. Caption quality 20 points
c. Relevance to the Challenge theme 15 points
The panel will evaluate each entry based upon the above criteria and award a score of between 0-50 for each entry, based on scores of each above-listed criteria. In the event of a tie, tie breaker will be based upon the highest score in the first judging criteria, continuing thereafter to each judging criteria in order, as needed, to break the tie. The entry that receives the highest overall score from the panel will be selected as the potential winners of the Challenge, subject to verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final in all matters relating to the Challenge. The potential winners will be notified by Instagram Direct Message on or about October 19, 2021. Potential winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. If a potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, or if prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate entrant who will have the next highest scoring entry, even if the disqualified potential winner’s name has been publicly announced. Challenge Parties are not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Each winner may be issued an IRS 1099 form for prizes of $600.
9. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Administrator will reach out directly to potential winners via direct message on Instagram within one day of choosing winning entrants. Sponsor will then follow up with potential winners via email with instructions on how to claim the prize. Upon response from a winner, Passion Passport will announce such potential winner via posts on the @passionpassport Instagram account. If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the initial Instagram direct message within three (3) days, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate entrant. Only three (3) alternate entrants per prize will be contacted. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release.
10. Prizes: Sponsored by the Arizona Office of Tourism. One (1) prize will be awarded. The approximate retail value of the “prize” is $2,720. Actual value may vary based on accommodation day of the week and airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value. The “prize” is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or other substitutions. Travel must begin on or before the expiration date (October 19, 2022). Blackout dates apply (February 26 – March 30, 2022) and reservations are subject to availability. Alcohol, tips, and incidental charges or any other hotel-specific charges are not included in the “prize”. The Arizona Office of Tourism is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. This offer may be altered or withdrawn at any time without notice.
11. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Challenge is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Challenge to address the impairment and then resume the Challenge in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Challenge, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The Challenge is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
12. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Challenge, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Challenge or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Challenge; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) any errors on the Twitter platform or Instagram platform that may prevent an entrant from entering or receiving direct messages; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Challenge or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Challenge or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Challenge, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
13. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Challenge or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Illinois. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Challenge, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
14. Results: To request a winners’ list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Arizona Office of Tourism, 100 N. 7th Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85007. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks after the end of the Challenge Period.