Wednesday, April 16th 4:00 pm EST – Passion Passport LONG-TERM TRAVEL Twitter Chat
We’ll be hosting a travel Twitter chat tomorrow at 4pm EST on everything you need to know about long-term travel, including quitting your job/school/responsibilities and taking off for a year (or more!). Liz Carlson (@youngadventuress) and Megan Claire (@mappingmegan) and Kathryn Pisco (@unearththeworld) will be our co-hosts for this chat and will answer your questions on the logistics of planning such a trip and will discuss any challenges they’ve experienced along the way (and of course offer any advice for those of you looking to set out and start traveling!) Follow along using #passionpassport and share your own advice, tips, and hesitations with the rest of us!
1. If you could travel anywhere for a year, what would be your top three destinations?
2. For a long term trip, would you rather plan out many details or leave things open-ended?
3. Do you believe in booking one-way tickets? RTW? What’s best for long term travel?
4. How do you save up and budget for a big trip? Any apps or strategies you would recommend?
5. What’s your favorite memory from a long-term trip you have taken? Photo?
6. Any strategies for transitioning out of your current job/responsibilities while leaving it open to return to?
7. Coming home after a long trip can be challenging, any tips for a seamless return?