[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]Travel Storytelling Contest (“Contest”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
• Eligibility: Contest is open to all legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and have valid email and Twitter® accounts at the time of entry. Employees of Southwest Airlines Co. (“Southwest Airlines”), Passion Passport (together, the “Sponsor”), their advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Eligibility is contingent on agreement to, and compliance with, these Official Rules. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This Contest is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not enter this Contest if you are not located in the United States.
• To Enter: Contest runs from insert start date at insert time and time zone through insert end date at insert time and time zone (“Contest Period”). During the Contest Period, potential participants must have a Twitter account and use appropriate tags in their submitted photos and/or comments as described below.
To enter the Contest, potential participants must visit insert URL, then follow the instructions to submit a Twitter photo or Twitter video and share their favorite Southwest® or travel-related memory. Potential participants must “follow” Southwest Airlines® on Twitter via the Official Southwest Airlines account (@SouthwestAir). Entries must be posted to the Official Southwest Airlines account using the hashtags #Contest and #175stories for entries to be valid. Your video/photo and hashtags together are your submission (“Submission”). Participants may also share their Submission on Facebook® but will not be judged from that channel. By posting your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the guidelines and content restrictions below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes your Submission fails to conform.
• The Submission must be in a format acceptable to the applicable social media channel;
• The Submission must contain the promotional hashtag(s);
• The Submission caption must be in English; and
• The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind.
Permissions: Participant must have permission from any recognizable individuals who appear in the Submission to use their names and likenesses in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. Minors may not be included in a Submission with a photo or video. If requested, Participant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
Incomplete entries are not eligible. Entries must be received by insert end date at insert time and time zone. Entries limited to one (1) per person. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for this Contest. Participants (as defined below) must use the hashtags “#Contest” and #175stories for entry to be valid. Questions, comments, or complaints regarding this Contest must be directed to Sponsor and not Facebook/Twitter.
Submissions may not be indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, or libelous or contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, or disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest, or contain material that is unlawful in any way. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submission that it finds unlawful, or in violation of these Official Rules, all in its sole discretion. Posting or commenting on a Submission constitutes Participant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, Participant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Participant is granting to use the content. Sponsor is not responsible for late or incomplete entries, which will be disqualified. Submissions must not disparage; contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, offensive, illegal, or vulgar; or promote bigotry, racism, hatred or discrimination based on race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Submissions will become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering, and/or claiming any prize, Participant grants Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, freely transferable license to use the Submission for all purposes, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, including as may be modified or edited by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Submissions must be originals and not be copied. Submissions must be entirely original, and may not violate any third party rights nor use any third-party intellectual property such as copyrights, trademarks, logos, or background signs. Participants acknowledge and agree that their Submission does not violate any rights of privacy or publicity and that they have all releases and written consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the likeness(es) of all persons (and pets, if applicable) appearing in a Submission for all purposes as set forth in these Official Rules, without additional compensation. Winner will be required to sign an official assignment of rights in their winning Submission and art work (“Assignment”) to Sponsor prior to being eligible to receive any prize. Any Submission that is not compliant with these Official Rules will be deemed void at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Entries must be sent and received during the Contest Period in order to be eligible. Unintelligible entries; entries with incomplete, invalid, incorrect, or noncurrent information; entries that are counterfeit, damaged, or tampered with in any way; and entries with printing, production, or typographical errors will be disqualified. Disqualified entries and entries that are late, lost, damaged, misdirected, stolen, or not delivered are not the responsibility of the Sponsor. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for entries misdelivered, delayed, or not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches. By entering this Contest, you give your full and unconditional agreement to abide by these Official Rules and acknowledge that this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook/Twitter.
No photocopied, mechanically, or electronically reproduced entries accepted. Any attempt by any person found to enter or in any way attempt to obtain more than the authorized number of entries will be found to be ineligible, and their entries will be disqualified. Any eligible individual participating in this Contest shall be a “Participant.” Participation must be by the Participant. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Participant, the authorized account holder of the email/Twitter account used to enter the Contest will be deemed to be the Participant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized email/Twitter account holder. If the identity of the individual who actually participated in the Contest cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected individual’s Submission will be deemed ineligible.
Participants are required to provide truthful information and Sponsor will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Sponsor will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and may also delete any entry received from persons under the age of thirteen (13) in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
• Selection of Winners: This is a contest of skill. Your chances of winning depend on how well your entry reflects the judging criteria, as compared to the other entries in the Contest.
Judging will be based on the following categories:
* Creativity and Originality: 55%
* Entertaining: 25%
* Rules (must have read and complied with the Official Rules): 20%
* In the event of a tie, the Submission with the highest score in the “Creativity and Originality” category will win.
a. Based on the above criteria, the top Contest Submissions will be selected by a panel of judges provided by Sponsor on or about insert date of judging. Participants need not be present to win. All potential winners are subject to eligibility verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are binding and final. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF NOTIFIED OF BEING A PRIZE WINNER, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED.
b. Sponsor will notify each potential winner via Twitter. Each potential winner will be asked to contact Sponsor with a given email address provided via Twitter. Once a potential winner and Sponsor make email contact, Sponsor will provide a photo for such potential winner to upload to the Twitter account the user uploaded the photo with in order to validate their account. Upon validation, each potential winner must execute and return the Required Documentation (as defined below).
• Prize: Three (3) winners will each receive 10,000 Southwest Airlines® Rapid Rewards® points (subject to Rapid Rewards Restrictions set forth below). Approximate retail value of each prize is $135. Winner is responsible for any additional costs needed to reach their destination if the Rapid Rewards points do not cover the entire cost of the flight. Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
Prize must be accepted as awarded or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Travel accommodations and other restrictions apply. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including but not limited to lodging, transportation costs, meals, gratuities and other expenses incurred by accepting the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner. No prize substitutions, cash equivalent, or transfer of prizes permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to award a prize of greater or equal value of the advertised prize is unavailable.
Rapid Rewards Restrictions: Conditions of Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards points apply. Potential winners will need to provide their Rapid Rewards account number to collect their prize. If you do not have a Rapid Rewards account number, you may register for an account by going online to www.southwest.com/rapidrewards. Rapid Rewards accounts are free. Points will be deposited into the winner’s Rapid Rewards account approximately eight (8) weeks after the potential winner has been verified by Sponsor and Participant has been notified that verification is complete. Rapid Rewards points prizes do not count toward any increased or improved status in the Rapid Rewards Program, including any Southwest Airlines Companion Pass or Tier Status designation (e.g., A-List or A-List Preferred). Rapid Rewards points awarded are subject to the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Rules and Regulations, available at www.southwest.com/rrterms. Southwest reserves the right to amend, suspend, or change the program and/or program rules at any time without notice. Rapid Rewards Members do not acquire property rights in accrued points and awards. Rapid Rewards points have no cash value and are void if sold, purchased, brokered, or bartered. The number of points needed for any particular Southwest Airlines flight is set by Southwest Airlines and will vary depending on destination, time, day of travel, demand, point redemption rate, and other factors and are subject to change.
• To Claim Prize: Potential winners will be notified by phone and/or email and will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Required Documentation”). The Required Documentation will be mailed or emailed, based on the potential winner’s preference upon account validation. If a potential winner cannot be contacted using the information provided or fails to respond to Sponsor’s attempt to notify them of selection within three (3) days; if any notification is returned as undeliverable or yields an error of undeliverable type “bounce back” email (regardless if the message is ultimately delivered to the recipient); if Sponsor is unable to verify potential winner’s eligibility; if potential winner fails to sign and return the Required Documentation within the required time period or fails to comply with these Official Rules; if any prize is returned undeliverable; if a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept the prize as stated; or if the potential winner cannot be verified as eligible for any other reason, the potential winner is disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected from among the eligible entries. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the Submission with the next highest score that is fully compliant with these Official Rules shall be deemed a potential winner, until the prize is awarded or until two (2) attempts have been made to award the prize and each attempt has failed. Sponsor will identify each potential winner and verify the potential winner’s eligibility after the end of the Contest Period. If unable to verify eligibility, Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner within a reasonable time thereafter. If applicable, winner’s guest must execute a Liability Release and, where legal, Publicity Release, prior to the issuance of travel documents. If a guest is under eighteen (18) years of age, a parent or a legal guardian must sign on behalf of such guest and accompany such minor guest.
• Conditions: Payments of all federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. Each winner will be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full social security number or the equivalent. Failure to submit a Form W-9 upon request will result in forfeiture of the prize. Winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
By participating in the Contest, winner agrees to have his/her name, voice, likeness, photograph, statements, opinions, biographical information and/or Contest entry used in any advertising or broadcasting material, whether relating to this Contest or otherwise, in any media, worldwide, now known or hereinafter developed, in perpetuity, without additional notice, payment, or other compensation unless prohibited by law, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, mangled, misdelivered, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries, telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from entering or claiming a prize.
Sponsor, it its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of Sponsor’s website, or otherwise in violation of the Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award any applicable prize(s) from the entries submitted before the cancellation, suspension, or modification of the Contest. Any attempt to undermine the operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Sponsor reserves the right to make changes in the Official Rules, including the substitution of a prize of greater or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement.
Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in Participant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of the Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of a prize. In any case, the final winner of all prizes will be determined, and prizes will be awarded, within a reasonable time after the end of the Contest Period, except as agreed between Sponsor and each winner.
In the event a prize is mailed to a winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. Sponsor is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize. Sponsor is not responsible if a potential winner does not receive his/her prize because erroneous, expired, canceled, fraudulent, or fake information was provided during the Contest. Only the prize(s) set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, through printing or production error, or for any other reason whatsoever, more prizes are claimed than intended and/or set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes from all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
• Indemnification; Limitation of Liability: NEITHER PASSION PASSPORT, SOUTHWEST AIRLINES, NOR THEIR SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PRINTING OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED MATERIALS OR TRANSACTIONS THAT ARE PROCESSED LATE OR INCORRECTLY OR ARE LOST DUE TO COMPUTER OR ELECTRONIC MALFUNCTION.
SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, STOLEN, MANGLED, MISDELIVERED, POSTAGE DUE, ILLEGIBLE, INCOMPLETE OR LATE ENTRIES, TELEPHONE SERVICE OUTAGES, DELAYS, BUSY SIGNALS, EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTIONS AND ANY OTHER TECHNOLOGICAL DIFFICULTIES THAT MAY PREVENT AN INDIVIDUAL FROM ENTERING OR CLAIMING A PRIZE.
THIS CONTEST OFFER IS BEING MADE EXCLUSIVELY BY THE SPONSOR. PASSION PASSPORT AND SOUTHWEST AIRLINES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TECHNICAL, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, OR TELEPHONE FAILURE OF ANY KIND, LOST OR UNAVAILABLE NETWORK CONNECTIONS OR FRAUD, INCOMPLETE, GARBLED, OR DELAYED COMPUTER TRANSMISSION WHETHER CAUSED BY SPONSOR, USER, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE CONTEST, OR BY ANY TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE PROCESS OF SUBMISSIONS WHICH MAY LIMIT A PARTICIPANT’S ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST. NEITHER PASSION PASSPORT, SOUTHWEST AIRLINES, NOR THEIR SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY INCURRED BY WINNER AND GUESTS AS A RESULT OF WINNING.
BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY EACH OF PASSION PASSPORT, SOUTHWEST AIRLINES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, AND ANY AND ALL OTHER COMPANIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, DAMAGES, OR CAUSES OR ACTION (HOWEVER NAMED OR DESCRIBED), RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF (I) THE CONTEST, (II) PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, AND (III) THE RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE(S) AWARDED HEREIN. POSSIBLE CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, INFRINGEMENT OF ANY RIGHT OF PUBLICITY OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY; THREATENED OR ACTUAL INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE TO ANY PERSON, INCLUDING DEATH AND DISABILITY; DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT (INTENTIONAL AND UNINTENTIONAL); AND DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF SUCH PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE FOR OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS CONTEST.
If for any reason a Participant’s entry is confirmed to have been voided or corrupted by any grossly negligent act of the Sponsor, Participant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, subject to availability and provided that the Contest has not then expired.
• Construction and Disputes: Participants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Texas, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees. Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in Contest materials or these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE FEDERAL OR STATE COURTS LOCATED IN DALLAS COUNTY, TEXAS.
• Official Rules and Winner’s List: Official Rules and Winner’s List may be obtained by sending a request and self-addressed, stamped envelope to Southwest Airlines Co., Emerging Media, P.O. Box 36611, Dallas, Texas 75236-1611. All requests must be received by insert date.
• Sponsor: Southwest Airlines Co., 2702 Love Field Drive, Dallas, Texas 75235 and Passion Passport, insert street address (no PO Box).[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][/vc_row]