Social Media Internship
Passion Passport is seeking interns for spring/summer editorial positions!
The interns will work with our Editorial Team under the instruction of one of our editorial managers. The internship will last for approximately four months, but there is a possibility of working for Passion Passport beyond that point. Editorial Interns will likely be working as part of our New York City-based team, though remote opportunities are available in certain situations.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with the Passion Passport community across all current platforms, most importantly our website, and will be particularly interested in travel writing. Our team is looking for individuals who are passionate about storytelling through the mediums of text, photography, and video. The ideal candidate will have previous writing and editing experience, is comfortable receiving feedback on their work, and is adept at working as part of a collaborative team.
This internship can be completed for college credit.
- Available on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Prior experience in copywriting, editing, and project management.
- Social media experience (drafting captions, tweets, etc.).
- SEO and WordPress knowledge is a plus, but is not required.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A detail-oriented self-starter.
- Willing to pitch creative ideas and has the drive to execute them.
- Adept at handling large amounts of email communication.
- Comfortable engaging with other writers, photographers, videographers, and travelers.
- Ready to be part of a collaborative team.
Potential responsibilities may include:
- Pitching, editing, and crafting content and stories for the Passion Passport website.
- Editing content with colleagues and for contributors.
- Participating in weekly editorial meetings.
- Populating content into WordPress for publication on the website.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with members of the Passion Passport’s greater travel community.
- Drafting copy for the Passion Passport social media platforms.
- Aiding in the creation of the Boarding Pass newsletter.
- Liaising with editorial managers and other staff members.