Terms and Conditions
Passport To Asia
A. Terms Between Participants in Passport To Asia and Passion Passport
- Passport To Asia is open to any person who has reached the age of twenty-one (21) years by 11:59 PM EST on the final date on which applications are accepted.
- Applicant must be available to travel for the duration of the specified travel dates.
- Applicants with a history of illegal behavior or a criminal record will not be selected for Passport To Asia.
- The applicant certifies that the content contained in the application submitted to PassionPassport.com is the applicant’s own original work and does not contain any copyrighted material, or any other intellectual property belonging to any third party, or any material, which PassionPassport.com in its sole discretion, deems to be profane or offensive. Passion Passport reserves the right to disqualify any applicant who violates these terms.
- Answers to the questions regarding the applicant’s background and travel inspiration must be answered truthfully and the content of the responses must not be fictitious in nature.
- Selection of Participants is decided upon by the trip mentors and the Passion Passport staff. Published and announced decisions are final.
- Passion Passport reserves the right to alter the advertised experience timeline at any time for whatever reason.
- Before being declared a Participant, the selected applicant may be required to sign a Liability/Publicity Release.
Content Ownership and Distribution
- Participants of Passport To Asia retain full rights to their Content unless otherwise noted. Once Content has been submitted, PassionPassport.com retains the right to accept it and display it on the PassionPassport.com website, based on the general content and the quality of the product. Passion Passport may at any time remove the Content from the PassionPassport.com website and social media channels for any reason, including but not limited to, objectionable content, poor writing quality, or copyright infringement.
- Passion Passport retains the right to use Participants’ Content in any matter on or in connection with PassionPassport.com and the #PassportToAsia project, including but not limited to: changing or reworking any writing by making grammatical, structural, and editing changes (as necessary); changing or reworking any photography by modifying such things as color and size (as necessary); making derivative works of the Content; using the Content on the PassionPassport.com website, on promotional material, and on social media channels for PassionPassport.com.
- Sponsors of Passport To Asia retain the right to distribute content posted to the #PassportToAsia hashtag on their social media channels in accordance with their agreement with Passion Passport. The content may not be used by the sponsors for sales purposes at any time.
- Participants may use the Content (or derivatives of the Content) or allow others to use the Content (or derivatives of the Content) for any purpose. The Participant certifies that the Content that is assigned to PassionPassport.com is his/her own original work, has not been previously published, and does not contain any trademarks, logos, copyrighted material, or any other intellectual property belonging to any third party, or any material, which PassionPassport.com in its sole discretion, deems to be profane or offensive.
- Applicant e-mail addresses may be added to the Passion Passport mailing list.
- The Participant agrees to behave in a manner that reflects positively on Passion Passport and its sponsors for the entire duration of his or her trip. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Abiding by all laws of the cities and regions visited;
- Refraining from appearing in public intoxicated by alcohol or illicit drugs;
- Respecting the local culture
- Refraining from engaging in activities that put one’s life or the lives of others at unreasonable risk.
- The Participant understands that he or she is solely responsible for any travel costs and expenses that they incur arriving to their departure airport at the beginning of the #PassportToAsia experience, or returning home from their arrival airport at the end of the experience. This is based on destinations that Cathay Pacific flies to.
Liability for Events
- By participating in Passport To Asia, the Participant agrees to release and hold Passion Passport and its sponsors harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the events of the trip, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.