Callum is an adventure and travel freelance photographer from Banff, Alberta. His work is a reflection of his passions and is layered with landscapes, lifestyle, adventure, sports and the personalities that find meaning from the same sources. Callum specializes in displaying the natural landscape in a unique way and photographing harder to reach locations, capturing the spirit of adventure.
- Q: In 200 characters or less, why do you want be part of #PassportToAsia?
- A: Its been a dream of mine to travel to Asia, to experience the culture, the diversity and the landscapes. To feel completely out of my comfort zone in an environment so foreign to me.
- Q: In 200 characters or less, tell us which of the following monkey attributes best describes you: Intelligent, curious, quick-witted, versatile, or mischievous. Why?
- A: Besides thinking all of those describe me well, I’m a very curious person and I’m known for wandering, touching things, tasting every type of food, curious to experience everything and miss nothing.
- Q: What is your creative pursuit? How might #PassportToAsia play a role in developing it?
- A: My creative pursuit is photographing travel and adventure, and the people that find passion from the same sources. Capturing those moments where the scene, light and composition interplay to create the perfect photo. Passport to Asia would give me the opportunity to experience it all, to allow me to pursue my passion in a part of the world I wouldn’t have other wise had a chance to do so in a culture so wild and out of my comfort zone.
- Q: Why is travel important?
- A: Travel is important because its fundamental to personal and creative growth. It educates us, it connects us, it slows us down. It gives us the opportunity to step outside of our own comfort zone, breaking those mental, physical and emotional habits that we’ve become accustomed to and throwing us out in to a world thats much bigger than ourselves. Most of all, it gives you the opportunity to really understand who you are and what you really want out of life.