OFFICIAL RULES AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
These Office Rules and Conditions, and the Sponsor Terms and Conditions (as defined below), apply to the [Meet the World Instagram Challenge] contest, further details of which are available here http://purring-dress.flywheelsites.com/pp-instagram-challenge-682015-ppmeettheworld/ (the “Contest”). By entering the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Conditions and the Sponsor Terms and Conditions.
Eligibility: The Contest is open to anyone who is at least 18 years old and has reached the age of majority in their country of residence at the time of entry. Employees of Hostelworld and Passion Passport, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, licensees and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively “Contest Entities”) and all of the above’s immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each) and those living in the household of same are ineligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Contest is Hostelworld.com Limited (“Sponsor”), Charlemont Exchange, Charlemont Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. The Administrator of the Contest is Passion Passport, LLC (“Administrator”) 185 Washington Park, 4th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11205.
- Contest Period: The Contest starts June 8 2015 at 12:00:01 a.m. EST and ends June 14 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m. EST (“Promotional Period”).
- How To Enter: To enter, visit http://purring-dress.flywheelsites.com/pp-instagram-challenge-682015-ppmeettheworld/. Follow the instructions on this page.
- Winner Selection and Notification: The winner (the “Prize Winner”) will be selected by the Administrator and identified on [06/14/2015] from among all eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. There shall be one (1) Prize Winner. The decisions of the Administrator on all matters pertaining to the Contest are final. The potential winner will be notified by e-mail. The potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release (which affirms that he/she has complied with these rules), a publicity release (where permitted by law), and such other forms as the Administrator or Sponsor may require, all of which, if required, must be completed, signed, notarized and returned within four (4) business days from date of issuance or the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. If the Prize is declined, the Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules and Conditions and/or the Sponsor Terms and Conditions, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner in Administrator’s sole discretion.
- Prize: One (1) winner will receive $1,000 (1000 USD) (the “Prize”). Certain restrictions may apply. The Prize Winner shall use the Prize in order to undertake a travel project of their choice. The Prize Winner is responsible for obtaining all necessary and required travel documentation, travel insurance and health insurance in order to undertake the travel project.
- General Prize Restrictions: Taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. Acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name and likeness for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any and all media now and hereafter known without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. By accepting the Prize, the Prize Winner acknowledges and accepts sole liability for the inherently dangerous nature of and risks of traveling, including but not limited to personal injury and/or death. By accepting the Prize, the Prize Winner agrees to release Sponsor, Administrator, any Internet access providers and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, successors or assigns (collectively “Released Parties”), from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind incurred with respect to participation in this Contest, including, without limitation, the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to travel related thereto. The Prize Winner acknowledges that neither Contest Entities nor their directors, employees, or agents, have made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in relation to the Contest or the awarding of the Prize.
- Limitation of Liability: The Released Parties (as defined above in #6) are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transfer of entry information, human error, technical malfunction, lost/delayed data transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, inability to access web sites, damage to a user’s computer system (hardware and/or software) due to participation in this Contest or any other problem or error that may occur. By entering, entrant agrees to release the Released Parties from any claims, losses, actions, or damages, whether actual, incidental or consequential, arising out of or relating to entrant’s participation in this Contest, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of the Prize, or participation in Prize-related activities (including but not limited to travel related thereto). Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. The Administrator and Sponsor are not responsible for any errors, misprints or typographical mistakes in any printed or electronic advertising of the Contest. The Administrator and Sponsor are not responsible for any change of e-mail or mailing address of entrants. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, or if this Contest or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of this Contest and processing of entries per these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Administrator reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. Administrator reserves the right to void all entries made through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method and to disqualify any individual using such method. In the event this Contest is cancelled, Administrator reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation.
- Disputes: In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address or Instagram account submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as either (i) in the case of email, the person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address in question, or (ii) in the case of Instagram, the person assigned to the Instagram account by Instagram, LLC. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Administrator and Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Additional Sponsor Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions (the “Sponsor Terms and Conditions”) are in addition to the Official Rules and Conditions of entry imposed by the Administrator. In the event of any inconsistency between the Official Rules and Conditions and the Sponsor Terms and Conditions, the Sponsor Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- Each entrant is required to submit a photo via Instagram (the “Photo Entry”) in compliance with the entry requirements detailed at paragraph 3 of the Official Rules and Conditions. In entering the Contest, the entrant does so at his/her own risk and on his/her own initiative, and is responsible for complying with local laws, to the extent any local laws apply. Entry into the Contest may be unlawful under the laws of the applicable jurisdiction and if entry to the Contest is unlawful, the entrant will breach the Sponsor Terms and Conditions and will be immediately disqualified from the Contest.
- The entrant warrants and represents that the Photo Entry is their own original work and that they own all of the intellectual property rights in the Photo Entry. The entrant further warrants and represents that the Photo Entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. In the event of any allegation of infringement of intellectual property rights by a third party, the entrant shall be immediately disqualified from the Contest and in the event that they are the Prize Winner shall forfeit the Prize.
- In consideration of their entry into the Contest, and in the event that they are deemed by the Administrator to be the Prize Winner or a runner up, the entrant grants the Sponsor a worldwide, perpetual, transferable licence to display the Photo Entry on its website, blogs, e-newsletters and social media channels and to use the Photo Entry in its advertising campaigns.
- By entering the Contest the entrant agrees, in the event that they are the Prize Winner, to participate in such promotional activity as is reasonably requested by the Sponsor, such as providing the Sponsor with content for the Hostelworld.com website, blog, e-newsletters, and social media channels for further marketing purposes following the Contest.
- Each entrant releases and holds the Sponsor and its employees, agents, sub-contractors and consultants harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of the Prize, including without limitation, personal injury, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- The Sponsor shall not be liable for any breach of its obligations hereunder resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to fires, strikes (of its own or other employees), insurrection or riots, embargoes, delays in transportation, requirements or regulations of any civil or military authority, computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or technical failure.
- The Sponsor Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland and the entrant hereby agrees that for the benefit of the Sponsor and without prejudice to the right of the Sponsor to take proceedings before any other court of competent jurisdiction, that the courts of Ireland shall have jurisdiction to hear and determine any suit, action or proceedings that might arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions and for such purposes the entrant irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of such courts.