Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Cathay Pacific and Passion Passport, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, licensees and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively “Contest Entities”) and all of the above’s immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each) and those living in the household of same are ineligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Contest is Cathay Pacific Airways (“Sponsor”), 360 Post Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94108. The Administrator of the Contest is Passion Passport, LLC (“Administrator”) 55 Washington St. #456, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
- Contest Period: The Contest starts November 28 2017 at 8:00:01 p.m. EST and ends Dec 10 2017 at 11:59:59 p.m. EST (“Promotional Period”).
- How To Enter: To enter, visit passionpassport.com/mychinaexperience. Follow the instructions on this page.
- Winner Selection and Notification: The winner (the “Prize Winner”) will be selected by the Administrator and identified on 12/12/17 from among all eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. There shall be one (1) Prize Winner. The decisions of the Administrator on all matters pertaining to the Contest are final. The potential winner will be notified by e-mail. The potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release (which affirms that he/she has complied with these rules), a publicity release (where permitted by law), and such other forms as the Administrator or Sponsor may require, all of which, if required, must be completed, signed, notarized and returned within four (4) business days from date of issuance or the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. If the Prize is declined, the Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules and Conditions and/or the Sponsor Terms and Conditions, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner in Administrator’s sole discretion.
- Prize, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”), and Odds: One (1) Prize One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive flights to China for up to 7 days/nights to the winner’s chosen destination(s). Winner will be able to choose up to two destinations in China from the following list: Beijing, Chengdu, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Guilin, Haikou, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Ningbo, Wenzhou, Qingdao, Sanya, Shanghai, Wuhan, and Xian. Trip includes: round-trip Economy Class air transportation to and from a Cathay Pacific U.S. gateway (San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Newark, New York). Vid Transportation to and from Gateway City is the sole responsibility of the winner and is not included in prize. Prize Winner must book travel at least six (6) weeks in advance of departure and travel is subject to availability. Blackout dates may apply and this is determined at the sole discretion of sponsor. Certain restrictions may apply. All travel must be completed between 01/01/2018 and 03/31/2018. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, or certificates. Once booked, no change, extension, or substitution of trip dates is permitted, except by Sponsor at its sole discretion. Tickets are non-refundable and not redeemable for cash or credit. Tickets may not be transferred or sold to a third party. Prize Winner is responsible for obtaining all necessary and required travel documentation and travel and health insurance. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent and Sponsor shall determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. All travel expenses not described herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, incidental hotel/bed and breakfast expenses, phone expenses, meals, gas, ground transportation, gratuities, and souvenirs, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. Any and all costs associated with reaching the departure city will be the Prize Winner’s sole responsibility. If for any reason any portion of the Prize does not occur, such portion will be forfeited with no compensation being paid in exchange thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for any cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled event (including airline flights beyond its control). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is $1,500 USD.
- General Prize Restrictions/Total ARV: No cash redemption of the prize. No transfer of the prize. Prize may not be substituted, except by Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value. Prize may be different from that pictured in advertising. Taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name, likeness, and submission content for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any and all media, including Sponsor’s social media channels, Tumblr page and blog page, now and hereafter known without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. By accepting the prize, winner acknowledges and accepts sole liability for the inherently dangerous nature of and risks of traveling, including but not limited to personal injury and/or death. By accepting a prize, the winner agrees to release Sponsor, Administrator, any Internet access providers and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, successors or assignees (collectively “Released Parties”), from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind incurred with respect to participation in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to travel related thereto. Winner acknowledges that neither Sweepstakes Entities nor their directors, employees, or agents, have made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are subject to the respective manufacturers’ terms thereof, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. The total prize ARV is $1,500.00.
- Limitation of Liability: The Released Parties (as defined above in #6) are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transfer of entry information, human error, technical malfunction, lost/delayed data transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, inability to access web sites, damage to a user’s computer system (hardware and/or software) due to participation in this Contest or any other problem or error that may occur. By entering, entrant agrees to release the Released Parties from any claims, losses, actions, or damages, whether actual, incidental or consequential, arising out of or relating to entrant’s participation in this Contest, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of the Prize, or participation in Prize-related activities (including but not limited to travel related thereto). Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. The Administrator and Sponsor are not responsible for any errors, misprints or typographical mistakes in any printed or electronic advertising of the Contest. The Administrator and Sponsor are not responsible for any change of e-mail or mailing address of entrants. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, or if this Contest or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of this Contest and processing of entries per these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Administrator reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. Administrator reserves the right to void all entries made through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method and to disqualify any individual using such method. In the event this Contest is cancelled, Administrator reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation.
- Disputes: In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address or Instagram account submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as either (i) in the case of email, the person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address in question, or (ii) in the case of Instagram, the person assigned to the Instagram account by Instagram, LLC. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Administrator and Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.