Passion Passport is seeking interns for fall/winter editorial positions!
The interns will be working on our Editorial Team under the instruction of our editorial manager. The internship will last for 4 months, but there is the possibility of working for Passion Passport beyond that point. Editorial Interns will likely be working as part of our New York City-based team, though remote opportunities are available in certain situations.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with the Passion Passport community across all current platforms, most importantly our website, and particularly interested in writing and travel storytelling. Our team is looking for individuals passionate about storytelling through text, photography, and video. The ideal candidate will have previous writing and editing experience, is comfortable getting feedback on their work, and adept at working as part of a collaborative team.
This internship can be completed for college credit.
- Available on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Prior experience in copywriting, editing, and project management.
- Social media experience (drafting captions, tweets, etc.)
- SEO and WordPress knowledge a plus, but not required.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A detail-oriented self-starter.
- Willing to pitch creative ideas and the drive to execute them.
- Adept at handling large amounts of email communication.
- Comfortable engaging with writers, photographers, videographers, and travelers.
- Ready to be part of a collaborative team.
Potential responsibilities include:
- Pitch, edit, and craft content and stories for the Passion Passport website.
- Edit content with colleagues and contributors.
- Participate in weekly editorial meetings.
- Populate content into WordPress for publication on the website.
- Establish and maintain relationships with members of the Passion Passport and greater travel community.
- Draft copy for the Passion Passport social media platforms.
- Aid in creation of The Boarding Pass newsletter.
- Liaise with the current Editorial Manager and other staff members.
Fall deadline — Sunday, October 22.
All other applications will be considered for our winter internship program.