Editorial and Social Media Interns
Passion Passport is seeking interns for Spring & Summer 2017!
The interns will be working on our Editorial, Social, and/or Marketing teams. Internships typically last for four months, but there is the possibility of working for Passion Passport beyond that point. The ideal candidate will be working as part of an intern team in New York City on specific Passion Passport goals and projects. This will be a fun, structured, and high engagement internship with clear objectives and check ins.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with our community across all of our current platforms and on PassionPassport.com, and particularly interested in digital media in the travel sphere. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual passionate about storytelling through text, photography and video. The ideal candidate is interested in learning about social media, copywriting, working with contributors to develop and edit multimedia pieces for publication and/or the process of concepting, pitching and executing creative campaigns.
This is a paid internship.
- Available on a full time basis, as well as for team calls.
- Community-minded people person. The ideal candidate will be engaging with writers, photographers, videographers, and travelers each day.
- Knowledge of social media analytics and platforms.
- Knowledge of and exposure to a variety of social media platforms and interest in testing strategies to increase community and involvement.
- Detail-oriented and a self-starter.
- Creative ideas and the drive to execute them.
- Prior experience in marketing, copywriting, communications or social media community management a plus.
- Graphic/design experience a plus.
- Video production/editing experience a plus.
- Located in New York City.
- Pitch, edit and craft content and stories for the Passion Passport blog.
- Liaise with members of the Passion Passport and travel community.
- Write, source, edit, and publish copy for our daily newsletter.
- Manage daily production, design, and content for our daily newsletter.
- Manage daily posting to social media platforms, including content creation, image selection, and copy editing.
- Identify opportunities for editorial partnerships with brands and tourism boards.
- Assist in management and tracking of weekly Twitter Chats and Instagram Challenges.
- Interact with the community on social media platforms to build relationships.
- Liaise with current Editorial Team, Social Team, and Marketing Managers.